This page has moved to a new address.

Warning: Take care with book lists!

Cheryl's Musings: Warning: Take care with book lists!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Warning: Take care with book lists!

In an effort to do my part to help the publishing industry, almost everyone on my Christmas list is getting a book this year. I took advantage of the many bloggers' book lists to pick both familiar and unfamiliar titles for friends and family. Check out:

Great idea, right?

Mostly. Somewhere along the way, I ended up on a list that recommended Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide to Hoaxes and Other B.S. Sounds funny, a nonfiction book full of oddball facts perfect for one of the middle-school age readers on my list--so I ordered it. And had it sent to my in-laws.

Somehow, I missed reading the book reviews before I bought it from Amazon. Let's just say it's not really kid-appropo.

So check out those lists--buy books for your friends, neighbors, teachers, milkman. But make sure you read more than one review before purchasing books on another's recommendation!

! Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home