This page has moved to a new address.

Seized by the Muse?

Cheryl's Musings: Seized by the Muse?

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

Seized by the Muse?

Cynthia Morris's "Original Impulse" newsletter showed up in my inbox with just the right thoughts for me today. Remember that Peru story that's overtaken my life of late? She calls the phenomenon being "taken over by the Muse." For affirmation and encouragement from a fellow writer, you have to read her February newsletter: http://www.originalimpulse.com/impulses/impulses-feb08b.htm

And before you ask--yes, her description fit me perfectly. Unfortunately for my family this past weekend! Fortunately, though, I captured several uninterrupted hours today to pour out another chapter. I feel much more settled.


But I need to go back to Peru for more research...!
:) Cheryl

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Blogger The Once said...

Cool picture! From Peru? Anyways, sorry about not being able to take Robin to Dragon Writers...(To change the subject) How many things have you published and how long (pages or inches thick) would TLV be if you were to make it into a paperback? (What else, What else?) Oh, have you read anything by Meg Cabot? Or a Great and Terrible Beauty (I haven't actually read this but I've heard its good)? Umm...and for a non-question...Does- How was- Ummm...Sorry for the bombardment of questions...Oh! And how do you and Mr. R know chatspeak?

 
At February 24, 2008 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi ZCOGGSG~Yep, pic from Peru. I rediscovered the wonders of the see-saw. It's really fun when you're riding with someone your own size (as opposed to a 4-year-old who weighs less than the average middle-schooler's backpack.) We caught some air! Re. length of TLV--don't know. Re. Meg Cabot--yes, All-American Girl, loved it. (And I just checked out Teen Idol by her, which looks great as well.) Re. Great and Terrible Beauty--haven't read it, but it looks good. Re. chatspeak--trade secret :). TTYL~Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home