This page has moved to a new address.

Wednesday Woolies

Cheryl's Musings: Wednesday Woolies

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

Wednesday Woolies

This is the time of week when all the days (and projects!) start to blur together for me. Maybe I'm working on too many things at once! (Again. Ya think?)

That said, I have a few things to celebrate today:


  • I FINISHED my nonfiction picture book manuscript. I've been wrestling with that rewrite for nearly a year and a half, so hopefully the editor who requested it hasn't forgotten me :). It goes out my door tomorrow!

  • I sent out a select few queries for my midgrade fantasy, The Last Violin, which has been languishing on my shelf for months now.

  • I sent off some interview questions to follow up on a great article possibility I encountered while visiting Lima, Peru--thanks to friends. (Thank you, Jackie and Liliana!)

  • My birthday! It's not today--it's tomorrow--but since tomorrow night is booked, I get to gather with two delightful boys and one sweetheart of a husband for a birthday celebration this evening.

Do all writers try to do too much? Or is it only me? At least "too much work" in writing translates into something like "too much fun." It's not exactly a bad thing, just busy.


:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At February 13, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger The Once said...

Don't you love Wednesday? Anyways, I am here to wish you a Happy Valintine's Day as well as a happy birthday. Since I have no idea of what you like and I would feel bad forcing Robin to be a delivery boy (along with being a total lazy person, sorry :() I really hope you have a good time on your birthday. :) also good luck with your many manuscripts and the such. I feel so impersonal...Maybe I'll get you a belated (or is that only for Christmas?) Birthday present, currently I am quite caught up in homework and El dia de san Valintin (Excuses, exuses...tsk, tsk...) Anywhoey, I still check your blog nearly everyday, just to make you (hopefully) feel better...(Please don't think of me as a Stalker)Oh well, Toodles, and have a wonderful, joyous, jubalatilous (err...Sp?) day!
--From, who else? Much Hyperness and Jubalation, Sammy

 
At February 13, 2008 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

:) You always make me smile ear to ear! Thanks for the good wishes and fun words. (Hmm. Maybe that's your gift to me--cool new words like anywhoey and jubalation.) Happy happy Wednesday...cheryl

 
At February 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Jessica Burkhart said...

I definitely think writers do a lot at once! :) A lot of us always have multiple projects going, but that keeps things interesting!

 
At February 14, 2008 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Jessica--You must be a mind reader, because I was planning to add your blog to my list of links today :). You're right--many projects keep life interesting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home