This page has moved to a new address.

Blogging from Peru....

Cheryl's Musings: Blogging from Peru....

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Saturday

Blogging from Peru....

Well, in case you missed the memo, this blog will be a bit sparse the rest of the month because I am in South America. In Peru, to be exact, in a bungalow in Chosica where a peacock cries outside my window and a rooster announces each hour's passing. (I think he's timing-impaired.) I have plenty to write, but little time to pull it into some kind of sense. During the days, I'm teaching English to a small group of delightful Peruvians; evenings are filled with three-way conversations in Spanish, English, and sign language, with laughter filling in the gaps. I'm exhausted, I'm exhilerated, I'm overwhelmed, I'm homesick, and I want to stay here forever...all at the same time. It keeps me too busy to write much (at least, in blog format) because I need to absorb and process it all.

Besides, I have internet access for only a short time, and don't expect to be online after tomorrow until I return to the States at the beginning of February.

So--here's the official announcement/update/preview of things to come. I won't be posting much, if at all, until after February 1st. But then expect to hear a bit about the trip, and a lot about how travel makes us--and our words--more alive. Ciao!

:) Cheryl

Labels:

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2008 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi, don't tell anyone that I said this because I'm not sure how mom feels about me using her account to post comments on her blog (or how she feels about me posting comments on her blog at ALL ), but I know from being in Chosica too that the rooster crows every time it's 5:00-6:00 in any tiem zone, and absolutely HAS to practice in between. Eh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home