This page has moved to a new address.

You know you're a writer when...(revisited)

Cheryl's Musings: You know you're a writer when...(revisited)

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

You know you're a writer when...(revisited)

You know you're a writer when....
  1. Your childrens' baby books have little recorded info--but your writing notebook is full of stories from their childhoods.

  2. Your coffee shop meeting is interrupted by a daydream of whether a coffee shop would be a good setting for a murder mystery.

  3. You get into discussions about possible murder mystery main characters with a massage therapist, a manicurist, and a dream interpreter.

  4. You think of naps as "creativity generators."

  5. You have trouble driving because you keep getting distracted by great article and story ideas.

  6. All news stories go through your writing filter: Would this be a good article topic? Would this help me develop an interesting culture or character?

  7. Your children critique the novels they read.


  8. You would polish those stories for submission, except you have the most amazing idea for a new story....

  9. When deprived of writing time, you get insomnia.

  10. You can deal with most stress (dentist appointments, flu shots, cocktail parties) by intensely concentrating on your latest WIP.

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At January 11, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Blogger The Once said...

Hiyas! (Errr...What I just typed sounds awkward...I've been meaning to comment, (ahem. *cough* *cough* Procrastination) So, firstly, would you add Artemis Fowl to the list as well as Uglies, Pretties, Specials and Extras to the list, or at least one? Please and Thank You! =) Oh, and have fun in Peru! --Who else?

 
At January 12, 2008 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hiyas, yourself :). They're added--thanks! Now I have to actually get READY for Peru....

Cheryl

 
At January 14, 2008 at 7:53 PM , Blogger The Once said...

Ah...well, I must say I'll miss a certain son of yours, and is F. going on the adventure to Peru? Another question, how are cocktail parties stressful? And last but not least, may I ask where in Peru? (Note, please ignore this if it is after your trip) --Samantha (Sorry for being so um...just, bobarding you with questions?)

 
At January 19, 2008 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi ZCOGGASG--Hola! Look, I managed to get online before returning! No, F couldn't come to Peru with us. It seemed more like an opportunity for someone a little bit older. How are cocktail parties stressful? Well, I guess they aren't for most people, but I'm 1) not a fan of social situations, so I sometimes find them stressful, adn 2) I can't remember #2 because my brain cells are on the fritz from too much new information these past few days. I guess I find them stressful both because of my personality and because they aren't something I attend everyday (probably because of above-mentioned personality) so i don't have a lot of practice. Or maybe stressful is the wrong word adn I should say exhausting? :) Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home