This page has moved to a new address.

Happy New Year!

Cheryl's Musings: Happy New Year!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Tuesday

Happy New Year!

How's your year beginning?

So far, 2008 looks pretty good in my house. We spent the first day of the new year skiing in a disastrous sort of way--late start, forgotten ski passes, lost mittens, lost husband--and still managed to have a great time. We returned to a house that's reached an unprecedented high-clutter mark and a kitchen covered with the debris of last night's family New Year's Eve party (can you say chocolate fondue? Yum!) and a project due by tomorrow morning....


I know, it doesn't sound like the perfect first day of 2008--but that's exactly why it IS a perfect first day. It was a great day because I got past the multiple-disasters of skiing to enjoy a few really amazing runs; because I ignored the household clutter (after a few moments of anxiety overdrive) and made a calm corner where I could work; and because all of the clutter and busy-ness is the result of a week of spending happy, crazy, busy time with family and friends.


I have an ongoing goal of de-cluttering my house, desk, schedule, and head, but I doubt they'll ever be perfect. And there will always be times, like now, when life's speed quadruples and some things have to slide. So what will I choose? In a great year, I'll choose time with my kids over clean laundry, time with my sweetheart over a picked-up living room, and time with my pen over a de-cluttered closet. That's a lofty goal, but one I reached (mostly) today.


That's why I think 2008 is off to a good start. Nah, a great start! So have a happy, wonderful, mindful 2008.


:) Cheryl

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home