This page has moved to a new address.

Poodle Problems

Cheryl's Musings: Poodle Problems

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Tuesday

Poodle Problems

I love the pets in my life. Really. But man, they can cause a lot of headaches!

Lily (inspirational poodle extraordinaire) is a very sweet, incredibly devoted (read--she follows me faithfully from room to room, no matter the time of day,) highly intelligent standard poodle. Yesterday, when I was walking her, her retractable leash slid across a metal sign. No more leash. This dog is hard on the leash and collar collection!


During the first year she lived with me, I faithfully spent training time with her almost every day. But...well, I got busy, and she was terrific at the training stuff, so she's gotten less training practice. She's still very sweet and fairy obedient, but I'm afraid she needs to go back on my daily list. She's starting to wonder if obedience is really in her best interest. Sigh.


She's good for me. Like my family, she makes me remember there's more to life than work. There's even (occasionally) more to life than writing!

~Cheryl

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, I know what you mean. I have two Standards, a 4 year old red and a 11 month old apricot. Although they have both been to obedience school, I feel like I don't really spend enough time really training them daily.

Check out my website all about Standard Poodles:

http://www.standardpoodlesusa.com

Sandy, Meg and Ed

 
At October 24, 2007 at 7:12 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Sandyr--Love your site. Standards keep you on your toes, don't they? I need to get daily training back in my schedule! ~Cheryl

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home