This page has moved to a new address.

Thursday's thing to love about being a writer...

Cheryl's Musings: Thursday's thing to love about being a writer...

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Thursday's thing to love about being a writer...

...other writers.

The field of children's writing is filled with support and encouragement from other writers. I subscribe to a number of writing-related listserves, and one of my favorites is the nonfiction children's writers' list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NFforKids/

Recently, one of the members asked how writers balance their day jobs with the projects near to their heart, and responses have flooded in from writers at all stages in their careers. Some write with young children at home; some write early in the morning, before beginning less captivating work-for-hire projects; some work as teachers, and get most of their writing done during the summer; some advocate retirement as the ultimate boost to a writing schedule (although not available to everyone.)

This group impresses me. The members bring a wide range of knowledge and expertise to the discussions. I'm impressed even more by willingness of more experienced writers to advise and answer the questions of those with less experience.

If you write nonfiction for children, you need to visit this list. Whether you need information or support--or just to know that other writers share your struggles--it's a great resource.

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At September 8, 2007 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Daisy said...

Just wanted to stop by and say Hello and how much I enjoy your blog. Looking forward to reading more.

 
At September 10, 2007 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

As always, you make me want to check out your links even if they have very little to do with me :) You're such a good writer, Cheryl.

Have you seen my new blog, by the way? http://carynswark.wordpress.com If your site is still down, you might want to look at a wordpress account.

 
At September 11, 2007 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi, Rita and Caryn! Blogs are funny things--just when I think I'm writing to myself, I connect with old friends and new. Thank you for stopping by. Caryn, your new blog is wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home