This page has moved to a new address.

Thursday's thing to love...

Cheryl's Musings: Thursday's thing to love...

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Thursday's thing to love...


...about being a writer.


Writing has a way of permeating life. It adds an edge of awareness to every moment, letting me see more of the world than I would otherwise. I imagine that writing sharpens the senses the same way that drawing or painting does: I'm constantly on the lookout for interesting character quirks, new images, unusual situations.


Writing sharpens the way I view the world around me, but it also sharpens the way I look within. Every emotion, every up and down of life, is material I can use to bring my characters to life. I like to think that this increased awareness brings something of value to my readers. Regardless, it brings something of value to me: the more I write, the more aware I am of my interactions with others, my emotions, my gut-level reactions--the better I understand them. I wonder: what truth will you find in your life, if you take the time to look?


~Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home