This page has moved to a new address.

Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

Cheryl's Musings: Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

Proven Remedies for the Mailbox Haunt

My current favorite remedies for writing-related waiting:
  • Start a new project
  • Read a great book (such as Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, The Haunting of Freddy, and The Supernaturalist, by JK Rowling, Dietlof Reiche, and Eion Colfer, respectively)
  • Corral guinea pigs while they munch on the lawn
  • Get busy with other work (for me that means editing some proposals for a biotech company)
  • Take a hike (hey, I live in Colorado--what can I say?)
  • Smell all the essential oils at our local natural foods store (current favorites--tangerine and pine needle)

Sometimes life keeps me too busy to write. Sometimes life is the source of what I write. Sometimes life helps me survive the fact that I write! As Jane Yolen says, sometimes it's time to stop and kiss the grandbabies. I don't have any grandbabies yet--guess I'll have to grab those guinea pigs....

~Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home