This page has moved to a new address.

Children's Fantasy Market

Cheryl's Musings: Children's Fantasy Market

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Tuesday

Children's Fantasy Market


http://www.julieandrewscollection.com/sitev2/writers.php

I've found another attractive market for children's fantasy writers: The Julie Andrews Collection, published by (an imprint of?) HarperCollins Publishers. It's particularly attractive to me, because my book is about a young violinist and the collection is seeking works "embracing themes of integrity, creativity, and the gifts of nature and the arts. With a violin as one of the main characters, The Last Violin has been a little difficult to place ("beautiful writing, but I'm not sure if kids will sympathize with a violin...")

I'll take the "beautiful writing" bit to heart, and keep searching for someone willing to chance a talking violin character. Ah, publishing is slow...but it gives me time to write while I'm waiting to hear from people.

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home