This page has moved to a new address.

Mwaa-ha-ha!

Cheryl's Musings: Mwaa-ha-ha!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Sunday

Mwaa-ha-ha!

Since I’m working a book for middle grade kids right now, I have the irresistible urge to spy on…I mean, pay attention to…my 11-year-old and his friends.

What do 11-year-olds spend their time doing? It’s an excellent question for the children’s writer to ask, so I thought I would share my research with you.

Eleven-year-olds train their boxers to lie in the hammock:Photo_051310_002

They climb trees, spend hours online researching the best cards for their next Magic: the Gathering deck, ambush their older brothers with homemade rubber band guns, work on their tree houses, and create elaborate ropes courses in the back yard.

 IMG_0807IMG_0808

Ah, gotta love summer….

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2010 at 6:45 PM , Blogger mirrorsandmagicfrogs said...

Hahaha I love the pic of the boxer. They're such happy, easygoing (though horribly ornery and mischievous at times) dogs.

You should come spy on one who's in my class. I often go hang out at his house since his mom is a friend. He is so creative. He's done the ropes course thing too. If you didn't live so far away, I'd say we should get him and Fletcher together. :)

 
At June 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

No kidding! Maybe I can come kidnap him one of those long summer afternoons when my kids have "nothing to do"...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home