This page has moved to a new address.

The Return to Real Life

Cheryl's Musings: The Return to Real Life

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

The Return to Real Life

After several weeks traveling, visiting family, and learning to ride horses (who says grownups can't go to summer camp?) I returned home to Colorado...and an impressive pile of envelopes. I'm coordinating manuscript critiques for my local SCBWI chapter and, as luck would have it, the deadline for submissions arrived just before my return.






Are you impressed? It definitely made life a bit crazy, but this job is so rewarding, it's worth a few crazy days! This year we had a record 68 submissions and all of them were good. A lot of them were excellent, making it tough to choose which would go on to editors or agents (faculty for the 2009 Rocky Mountain SCBWI Fall Conference) for critique. Lucky for me, I didn't have to make those decisions alone--each ms was screened by two or more writers.

It's exciting to get to see so many folks' writing. I can't wait for the conference!

Cheryl :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home