This page has moved to a new address.

The Joys of Research

Cheryl's Musings: The Joys of Research

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

The Joys of Research



I love being a writer. I'm currently in PA having a private "horse camp" with my sister. We've ridden every day this week--and I, Cheryl-who-is-afraid-of-large-animals, have groomed three very large and intimidating horses. I've also directed them to walk, trot, stop, and trun in the round pen; and afterward, these large critters followed me around as if they were puppy dogs.

Very *large* puppy dogs!

What does this have to do with writing? Lots and lots of notetaking. Because percolating in the back of my mind is the story of a girl learning to ride a horse and falling in love with them the way I am.

I think the best stories are all love stories at heart.





-- Cheryl :-)

PS: that's Sweet Thing, my horse for the week, until her 11-year-old mistress returns from camp. She's a sweetheart!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home