This page has moved to a new address.

Life and Critique Groups

Cheryl's Musings: Life and Critique Groups

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

Life and Critique Groups

My life has been extraordinarily busy lately, with lots of writing but very little blogging. One reason for the busy-ness? I attended (and helped out with) my local SCBWI chapter's Spring Workshop last weekend. Wow! What a great weekend of instruction and inspiration! It left me with many thoughts to share, starting with the #1 question I hear from beginning writers:

Where do I find a critique group?

Critique groups are a wonderful tool for writers of all levels, where writers can receive feedback, get new perspectives on their work, and grow as writers--not to mention all the emotional and mental support such groups offer. I've heard frequent presentations on the benefits of a good critique group. How do you find one? That's a bit trickier.

First, what kind of group do you need? There are three general types of critique groups: face-to-face, private online, and large-group online groups. Over the next week, I'll discuss each type and how to find your own writing group. Tomorrow: Face-to-Face Groups.

:) Cheryl

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home