This page has moved to a new address.

Tagging Fun!

Cheryl's Musings: Tagging Fun!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday

Tagging Fun!

I’ve been tagged by fellow Campaigners, erica and christy, and so here are ten random things about me…coming close on the heels of last week’s random things!

iStock_000008484482MediumBut since it took me two months to respond to the Versatile Blogger award, I’m trying to do a bit better with this one :).

  1. I have my library card number memorized :). The bar code is so worn that the library wants to replace it and I won’t let them!
  2. I have the unfortunate habit of forgetting people’s names—and I’m so paranoid about doing so that now, if I have to introduce someone, I will automatically forget their name on the spot. Even if they’re my best friend since forever.
  3. When I’m deep in story-writing mode, there are times when I won’t drive. With a natural streak of spaciness, the addition of a creative haze gives me the dangerous tendency to run stop lights and drift through random intersections.
  4. My talented author/artist friend, Anna-Maria Crum, is the genius behind the Whiney Writer videos, which are too much fun! (Yes, yes—I’ll be saying “I knew her when…” soon.)
  5. My favorite cake: Italian Cream Cake (from scratch, please—store-bought just won’t cut it!)
  6. On a recent trip to Mexico, I discovered that crochet hooks are deadly terrorist devices that are absolutely NOT allowed in your carry-on baggage. At least, not if you’re flying from Mexico to the States; apparently, they aren’t a problem if you’re flying the other direction.
  7. I’ve been working on the same crochet project for nearly a year…but only because it’s super-complicated, not because I’m easily distracted by other projects. Or at least, distraction isn’t the *only* reason <grin>.
  8. I have a two-foot high stack of magazines sitting in my office, waiting to be read. (ack!)
  9. My favorite color is green. Except when it’s blue. It used to be yellow, but I’m sooo over that.
  10. My favorite afternoon entertainment is listening to my teenage son read bits of Facebook conversation, which are sprinkled heavily with quotes from Portal, such as: Here are the test results: You are a horrible person. I'm serious, that's what it says: A horrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

Did it! Your turn :)

(If you've already played, sorry!  You don't have to participate again! Actually, you don’t have to participate at all unless you think this is fun. Enjoy!)

:) Cheryl

12 Comments:

At September 12, 2011 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Andrea Mack said...

My mother-in-law recently flew down to visit and we were surprised that nail clippers weren't allowed in her carry on luggage but knitting needles were (which do you think makes a better weapon)? I have my library bar code memorized too!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi cheryl. great blog. Thanks for stopping by mine (such as it is lol).
Hope you are well.x

 
At September 12, 2011 at 7:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Your pic makes me smile. Was introduced to you by Charissa The Wonderful and I'm now a proud follower! Congrats on being a campaigner! I suffered from commitment fear and caved. Go you!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Andrea--that's really funny! The "permitted" and "not permitted" list seems...odd at times. I cant understand why a wooden crochet hook is a danger when sharp pencils are not, but c'est la vie. Glad I don't fly much! And I'm glad to know you have your library card number memorized, too...we can start a club :)

Hi Eve! Thanks for stopping by here, too :). I enjoyed your blog thus far--keep at it!

Hi Valerie--yay for smiles! Yes, I love Charissa and her blog. Thanks re. being a campaigner. I'm worried I won't be able to give it the time I'd like, but even if I don't do all the challenges, etc., it's encouraging me to meet other people and read new blogs, which is nice. I'm enjoying it!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM , Blogger WB Terrien said...

Thanks for the tag! I am happy to participate. And it's impressive that you've memorized your library card number. Sadly, and without trying, I've memorized my American Express number...

Be careful with those crochet hooks! :)

 
At September 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Coleen Patrick said...

Thanks for the tag Cheryl! I did my 10 here: http://coleenpatrick.com/2011/09/02/welcome-campaigners/
I am like your number 1--I memorize all the important things--kids ss#, birthdays and library card :)

 
At September 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger TL Conway said...

I love your #1. I also have my library card number memorized. It makes it so much easier when placing holds on line!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM , Blogger erica and christy said...

I flew with my parents for my sister's wedding a few years ago. On the way back, my dad was detained for the tiny envelope-opener (seriously tiny, like 2 inches long and a quarter inch wide) that folds into his money clip. And yes, it was on the way BACK - Alaska doesn't mind if you have it there, but Wisconsin - whoa, hang on there!
erica

 
At September 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM , Blogger 1000th.monkey said...

I had no idea what *tagging* was, but I think I've figured it out... :D

I already played earlier in the Campaign, posting my 10 random facts here:

http://1000thmonkey.blogspot.com/2011/09/10-random-facts.html

...and my favourite colour is also green, since grey is not technically a colour ;)

 
At September 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Kerri Cuev said...

Who knew crochet hooks were dangerous. Lol. Great tagging fun!

 
At September 12, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Sophia Chang said...

I did mine! 10 Random Facts

 
At September 13, 2011 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Wow, there are apparently a *lot* of us who've memorized our library card numbers! Definitely speeds up those impulse-holds (my alternative to impulse-buying way too many books....)

@WB, I *used* to have my AmEx number memorized. It wasn't a good thing! I'm less likely to buy if I have to get off my duff to get my card :D

@1000th monkey, funny! I didn't know what tagging was, either, but it quickly became clear. Even then, I didn't know where it had originated until after I wrote my post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home