This page has moved to a new address.

The Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign Begins!

Cheryl's Musings: The Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign Begins!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday

The Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign Begins!

For the first time ever, I’m joining an online challenge/group/activity. Thing. The Third Writer’s Platform-Building Campaign:

Campaigner

 

Frodo_Baggins

And I feel a bit like Frodo, saying, “I will take the ring! But…I do not know the way.” I’m venturing into the great unknown of…of what, exactly?

Commenting on others’ blogs.

Getting to know other writers.

Joining in the Twitter conversation (#writecampaign) or joining campaigners on other online forums, such as Yahoo!Groups, Facebook, and GooglePlus.

Hmm. Maybe not so scary as Mordor, after all. I look forward to meeting my fellow campaigners and venturing a bit farther out into the blog-o-sphere!

Any other campaigners stopping by? Leave a comment and introduce yourself and I’ll return the favor!

 

 

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At August 29, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Sheri Doyle said...

Hi, Cheryl! I'm happy to have found your blog through this campaign. Nice to meet you. : )

 
At August 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Sheri, delighted to meet you, too! I'm working on adding everyone's blog to my sidebar...I *think* your's is up. :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger TL Conway said...

How very meta... I'm sitting here creating a whole list in my Google Reader of my Campaigner group (which includes you!) WHILE WATCHING THE TWO TOWERS!

Crazy, I know. :)

 
At August 30, 2011 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi TL--that's too funny! All this LOTR talk makes me want to have a movie marathon, though...I like the idea of watching while organizing Campaigners :). I started on that yesterday but got sidetracked. I'm planning to visit more blogs this afternoon!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Katie Dunn said...

Not only am I a fellow campaigner, I've been following your blog for a while! I've always looked forward to reading what you have to say=)

 
At August 30, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Sarah Tokeley said...

I've been following you for a while now. This is my first Campaign too. There are a lot of talented people out there!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl. Can't wait for the campaign to start!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl! I found your blog via Twitter and LOVE it! Great to see you are campaigning - it is my first time too. I am in the short story, horror and suspense/thriller groups.

 
At September 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Chemist Ken said...

Hi, Cheryl. Thanks for stopping by my site. You mentioned that you were a molecular biologist before you turned into a writer. Did you enjoy writing science reports or articles? It was always like pulling teeth for me. It wasn't until I began playing around with fiction that I discovered how much fun it is to write.

Still hate writing reports though.

 
At September 7, 2011 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Ken,

I never enjoyed writing science reports/articles when I actually *was* a scientist, but now that I write full time I do. Weird, huh? I think what I like is to share my excitement about different topics with lay audiences. I don't enjoy writing for other scientists nearly as much :)

Thanks for stopping b!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home