This page has moved to a new address.

Challenge Check-In

Cheryl's Musings: Challenge Check-In

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Saturday

Challenge Check-In

Holy cow, is it really week 7 of this end-of-year challenge? Even cooler, I discovered that I am not alone in my goal to make changes before the New Year. My friend Yat-Yee writes about her one-month “pre-resolutions” in her blog (yes, I’m a little behind in my blog reading…), and apparently there’s an entire Pre-Resolution movement initiated by The Rejectionist on her blog. I’m so happy (and encouraged) to discover other writers sharing the craziness! Gotta love the Internet :).

I last reported on MY progress at the start of week 3, when I got sidetracked by a nasty cold/bronchitis that knocked me out for a week and a half. Developing an exercise habit, though, seems to be a bit like writing a book: you just keep whittling away at it, and eventually you start to see progress.

turtle

So…I won’t bore you with details, but once I’d kicked that cold’s butt, I was able to continue my exercise plan and I’m back to exercising 20+ minutes at least six days a week. I’m also deadlifting 55 pounds, which isn’t nearly as much as my amazing kid sister, but it’s enough to make me feel a bit like superwoman.

Will I be Ms. Fitness by the year’s end? No…but that wasn’t my goal. My goal was to establish the habit, and so far, I’m pretty darned happy with my progress. I’m also happy because when I start to lose rewriting steam, I take a break to exercise, which always recharges me for writing.

Not that I value everything in life by its impact on writing, but it’s a definite perk :).

Hmm…I think maybe I’ll try deadlifting 65 pounds tomorrow. I’m feeling strong!

:) Cheryl

Labels:

3 Comments:

At December 20, 2010 at 9:11 AM , Blogger A Beer for the Shower said...

Hi Cheryl!

Glad to hear you got over your bronchitis!

-Brandon and Bryan

 
At December 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

:) Thank you! Glad to hear you're still writing up a storm. (Zombie storm?)

 
At December 20, 2010 at 10:33 AM , Blogger A Beer for the Shower said...

Hah, trying once again to find a publisher who wants zombies...and makes their offer stick. The new novel is about the collapse of the internet:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home