This page has moved to a new address.

The Writer-Mom's Schedule

Cheryl's Musings: The Writer-Mom's Schedule

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday

The Writer-Mom's Schedule

8.30 Walk kiddo to school

8.45 Exercise dogs to prevent later distractions

9.00 Get coffee

9.05 Check and answer email

9.30 Read blogs and comment. Write blog posts.

10.30 Gasp at time. Close all web browsers and email client.

10.35 Open WIP

10.40 Get more coffee

10.42 Make snack

10.45 Get lots more coffee

10.50 Reread last chapter WIP

11.00 Type and delete next chapter opening. Repeat.

11.29 Check email

11.31 Make new pot coffee

11.40 Brainstorm WIP scene details. Longhand.

12.10 Furiously write WIP

1.00 Come up for air and sustenance

1.20 Type new passage. Realize its brilliance.

1.45 Reread and realize that scene is mediocre at best.

2.00 Write furiously and with renewed inspiration

2.45 Gasp at time. Write more furiously.

3.00 Alarm goes off to remind me to get kiddo. Continue furious writing.

3.10 Race to school!!!


...and so, the return to the real world begins. For a few hours, at least.


:) Cheryl

Labels:

4 Comments:

At February 23, 2009 at 9:31 AM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

I love: "realize its brilliance...recognize it's mediocre at best."

We writers are not known to be objective and even-keel when it comes to judging our own, fresh-out-of-the-oven work.

You don't write mediocre, BTW. :)

 
At February 23, 2009 at 10:09 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Aw, thanks. You just made me smile :).

 
At February 23, 2009 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Tia Nevitt said...

Sounds idyllic! I want your life! Oh, to be a stay-at-home writer mom!

That was very funny.

 
At February 24, 2009 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Tia--

Yes, I have to confess that staying home to write with the kids at school has been my dream for years, so I'm pretty happy about it :). Of course, that's why I do so much freelance writing--I have to bring in some money writing or go get a "real" job. This definitely gives me the flexibility I need for those days when kids are sick, for ex. But today: no procrastination. I'm off to tackle chapter 22....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home