This page has moved to a new address.

Pre-Conference Jitters

Cheryl's Musings: Pre-Conference Jitters

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Friday

Pre-Conference Jitters

You know that conference I mentioned? I'm suffering from intermittent bouts of pre-conference nervousness. You know--alternating between "Wow, this is going to be such a great experience and I can't wait to meet all these great people and I'm a great writer ready to go sell myself" and "Wow, how will an introvert like me survive two intense days of human interaction and is my writing really any good at all and will my critique be terrible?"

Luckily, I'm not all that jittery about my talk. It's so well-prepared, my husband said HE could give it at this point. And even though I start every practice session nervous, I get so excited about the topic that I forget I'm nervous in my eagerness to share. I'm talking about online critique groups, a subject about which I'm passionate.


Maybe that's the trick to survival: my passion for writing--for my stories--will carry me through any potential rough spots.


Meanwhile, I'll share a great post about the care and feeding of introverts from Shrinking Violet promotions: http://shrinkingvioletpromotions.blogspot.com/2008/09/svps-greatest-hits-word-about-self-care.html. It made me laugh--and gave me a few ideas about how to recharge my introverted batteries this weekend.

I'll be back next week with the full report!

:) Cheryl

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 19, 2008 at 10:08 AM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

I love the Shrinking Violets blog too! I wish you many moments of recharging during the conference and great critiques. And I'm positive your talk will go brilliantly as well.

Yat Yee

 
At September 19, 2008 at 12:04 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Hi Yat-yee. Thank you! And isn't the Shrinking Violet blog great? I'm not sure when or how I discovered it, but I find it full of the fun and practical, both. It's always nice to find out there are other people out there sharing your struggles....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home