This page has moved to a new address.

Thursday's thing to love...a God who's real.

Cheryl's Musings: Thursday's thing to love...a God who's real.

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Thursday's thing to love...a God who's real.

Funny--I never expected to write about God in my blog. This isn't a religious blog and I'm not the preachy sort, but as I thought of all the things I'm thankful for on this cold Thanksgiving morning, God is the one I need to write about today. What does God have to do with writing? I guess it's that every major writing (or life, for that matter) breakthrough I've ever had has come as a clear answer to prayer.

I don't believe anyone can prove that God exists or doesn't exist--that's not what I'm trying to do here. And I don't know all the answers. I only know what I've experienced and I'm thankful for it. So today, I'm thankful for a God who:


  • cares about my passion for writing

  • gave me the incredible gift of writing

  • actively touches my life when I ask

  • is big enough to handle everything, even though I don't understand most of life, and

  • answers prayers, even prayers about something like writing.

I guess the obvious next question is whether I've prayed that I would publish a book. I'm embarrassed to say no, I haven't! I'm not sure why. Maybe because every prayer about writing seems selfish, because writing is such a personal endeavor? Maybe because I'm afraid he'll say no. But starting today, I'll listen to my own words--and my own experience. I don't get it, but God obviously cares about my writing, so I'll start praying about that book, too.


Happy Thanksgiving!


:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home