This page has moved to a new address.

Retreat Prep

Cheryl's Musings: Retreat Prep

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Saturday

Retreat Prep

I've never been involved in procuring food for a small crowd of people like our retreat group. It's the kind of experience that makes me want to start wrtliting cooking mysteries, just to be able to incorporate the sheer sensual experience of buying enough food to fill a car trunk side to side and top to bottom. Check out the grocery cart:


This is only a portion of the weekend's food, the Costco fresh produce section, to be precise. We also spent an hour at a local cooperative market, where it was possible to buy things like heirloom tomatoes, arborio rice, fresh cilantro, flax seed pancake mix, and mango lassies. Yum...

It was nice to participate in prep work, because I definitely needed a mental transition to get into the weekend. As for the food? Wwow. That's all I can say.

-- Cheryl

2 Comments:

At May 6, 2009 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

I am drooling just thinking about the food prep. Writing and cooking: Must. Get. To. Writing. Away. Retreat.

 
At May 23, 2009 at 9:56 PM , Blogger Cicily Janus said...

Dearest Yat Yee...we have room! Come on to my house, I'll show you a world of places within four walls that you've never seen or experienced before, one to surely spoil you for all others in the future. :) I'll even let you sit in the front seat for the ride up.
And Cheryl...all I can say is "nice melons!" :) Love you and miss you terribly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home