This page has moved to a new address.

Albuquerque!

Cheryl's Musings: Albuquerque!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Albuquerque!


I'm here! Well, partway here, anyways, on my way to the 2nd ever Writing Away Retreat. Currently, I'm in Albuquerque with fabulous chef and retreat hostess Cicily Janus shopping for retreat groceries. Here she is testing out rental cars for the drive to Taos:





We took great care to choose a comfy car for the retreat faculty.

On the bus ride to the airport, I finally had time to meditate on Lu's Story, the recently-finished Peru book. I intended to hand it out to my crit group before leaving home, but I don't feel settled with it. I now know why. In all the rewrites of my opening, I lost the voice.

I need to copy Robin L's example and post a sign over my desk:

IT'S THE VOICE, STUPID!!

I'll be working on that in the coming days....

-- Cheryl :-)

1 Comments:

At April 30, 2009 at 11:01 AM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

Have a great time, Cheryl! I met Cicily briefly at the Pikes Peak Conference. Maybe one day I'll get to go too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home