This page has moved to a new address.

Book Thoughts: Writer Mama (How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids)

Cheryl's Musings: Book Thoughts: Writer Mama (How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids)

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Friday

Book Thoughts: Writer Mama (How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids)

I've been reading a fun book this week: Writer Mama: How to Raise a Writing Career Alongside Your Kids, by Christina Katz. It's a good enough resource that I'm going to purchase my own copy ASAP.

At first glance, Writer Mama is geared more toward writers who are just starting their freelance careers--but it contains plenty of inspiration and information no matter where you are in your writing career. With ideas for everything from gathering ideas, audience identification, contract negotiation, finding time to write, and dealing with home life, it's the kind of read you can pick up whenever you need a little motivation boost or a handful of ideas to tackle the latest obstacle in your writing life.

Plus, Katz relays all this information with humor and sympathy for the ups and downs faced by writing mothers.

I don't have little kids underfoot anymore, but each stage of parenting brings its own unique challenges. Christina Katz's book is a dense package of tools to help me integrate my parent and writer selves, so I'm better at both. I'm glad I picked this one up!

:) Cheryl

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At March 6, 2009 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Christina Katz said...

Thanks for your positive review, Cheryl. I wanted to let you know that I am giving away a copy of Writer Mama every day this month (March 2009) in celebration of the two-year anniversary of the book. Join us! My blog lists the locations of the tour each day. And thanks again for your thoughtful response to Writer Mama.

 
At March 6, 2009 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Not got any little ones yet...although I may soon. This is a book I'll be keeping on my radar.

 
At March 9, 2009 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Thanks for stopping by! Writer Mama has been a great read and inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home