This page has moved to a new address.

Notes to start a writer's week, take 2

Cheryl's Musings: Notes to start a writer's week, take 2

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Monday

Notes to start a writer's week, take 2


  1. There is no neighborhood decorations committee, no matter what you dreamed last night. No one will issue you a ticket because you have not yet put out your fall decorations.

  2. I'm sure there are other moms who forget to get their kids up on Monday mornings, forget what month it is, and forget what year it is. Maybe you should buy the kids their own alarm clocks.

  3. I'm also sure that other absent-minded mothers buy Christmas gifts throughout the year, only to forget the "safe locations" where they are squirreled away.

  4. Speaking of squirrels: the kids will remember watching the ones living in your flicker box far longer than they will remember whether or not you raked the leaves.

  5. And no, no one cares about the leaves drifting in your garage, either. Unless your husband loses his bike in them. Then he'll care. But we can deal with that later.

  6. Plant watering is an entirely optional household activity. Consider your living room an experiment in natural selection.

  7. The dogs are still thinking you need more creativity walks. This week, they'd like to go on an all-day hike up some mountain with lots and lots of interesting smells.

  8. Oh, and they'd also like you to spend more time writing on the sofa instead of at your desk. The sofa is much more comfy for napping dogs. Please: consider the comfort of others this week.

  9. Your husband has scheduled himself a date in your Outlook calendar. Hmm. Could he be feeling neglected?

  10. You'll be a much better date (and mom and everything else) if you're happy. (Translation: write, baby, write!)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At November 10, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Yat-Yee said...

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face on a Monday morning.

 
At November 10, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Blogger The Once said...

C:
Sooo~ What art thou plans?
But I do like the post, it made me giggle more than once. Now if only you could convert my own mother...

 
At November 12, 2008 at 6:36 PM , Blogger MotherReader said...

I'm happy to hear that about the neighborhood decoration committee. One less thing to worry about. I try to water my indoor plants, but I consider my outside garden a Darwinian experiment.

 
At November 13, 2008 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Sherrie Petersen said...

Omigosh--I keep finding gifts that I squirreled away last year when I go looking for the gifts I hid this year!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one to do that!

 
At November 14, 2008 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

Wow, it's good to hear I'm not the only one! But...for anyone who read last Monday's post...I filled in the hole!! Good thing, too, because yesterday's gorgeous weather turned to today's snow. Gotta love Colorado :).

 
At December 8, 2008 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Celeste said...

Had to comment, although late. We are way more alike than we realize! (And more like our mother...)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home