This page has moved to a new address.

Re-entry issues

Cheryl's Musings: Re-entry issues

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Tuesday

Re-entry issues

Does anyone else have trouble transitioning from writing-life to normal-life (whatever that looks like). When I'm writing really intensely--as I am right now--I have a really hard time finding my footing in the everyday world. It takes me a half hour to an hour to move from that dreamy place where my head is still in my writing, to a place where I can actually communicate with other people.

You know, important people. Like my kids.

Luckily, they love me anyways. I wonder, though, if I can send myself off to NASA to get nicely repackaged and re-engineered for seamless re-entry into this atmosphere. Think they'd take on the job?

:) Cheryl

3 Comments:

At November 5, 2008 at 10:50 PM , Blogger Heather Zundel said...

I feel something very similar. Somehow, I can feel myself think differently. When I am in "research" mode and then switch to "creative/writing" mode, I can actually feel a difference in the way my brain thinks and starts piecing things together. Is that too terribly wierd?

 
At November 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

No! I know exactly what you mean! It's like my head switches into a different gear. I'm glad someone else feels the same.

 
At November 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home