This page has moved to a new address.

Inner Mean Girl: Week 4

Cheryl's Musings: Inner Mean Girl: Week 4

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

Inner Mean Girl: Week 4

IMG-banner-with-tag-1024x332

This is week 4 of the free online class Inner Mean Girl Cleanse, a class for which I signed up and then promptly decided I didn’t have time for (promptly meaning as soon as I realized the class involved weekly 1-hour calls). But…I’d already signed up and so I’ve continued to get their inspiring emails and links to expert interviews…so I feel like I’m auditing the course :). And this week’s topic feels so applicable to my current life that I figured I’d dive in and share.

Toxin: Unrealistic Expectations
Self Love Antidote: Give Yourself A Break

In case you hadn’t guessed from the sparse postings of late, I’ve been running a little ragged lately. This is just the message I need to hear right now. Or, to get more pointed:

  • It’s okay if the laundry’s not all put away.
  • It’s okay to take a nap and then serve salad for dinner.
  • It’s okay to ask for help from kids and husband.
  • It’s okay to stop and breathe.

Picture 090 I spent time yesterday (the class runs Wednesday through Wednesday) journaling and thinking about their message for the week, with the result that I *did* take a break and serve salad for dinner, and you know what? No one died. In fact, the meal was probably much more pleasant because I wasn’t exhausted and stressed.

This morning, I opened my blog reader to catch up on some reading, and this was the first post I opened: “The Minimalist’s Guide to Cultivating Passion”. In it, guest blogger Cal Newport challenges readers to do less in order to have time for our passions. From there, I ended up on mnmlist.com reading the post “letting go of fake needs”. Hmm. Anyone think there’s a message for me here? 

Even if you missed the beginning of the class, you can find call recordings, inspirational essays, and interviews online at Inner Mean Girl Cleanse. There are also a number of Self-Love Ambassadors who are blogging their journey through the program, like my friend Wendee Holtcamp. Feeling a little stressed, overwhelmed, or like you can’t get everything done? You’ll find it worthwhile to take a look.

:) Cheryl

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 17, 2010 at 8:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for mentioning me!! I enjoyed your post! :)

 
At September 19, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Cheryl Reif said...

No problem--I love your thoughts on the IMG class! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home