This page has moved to a new address.

A Writer's Thanksgiving

Cheryl's Musings: A Writer's Thanksgiving

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Thursday

A Writer's Thanksgiving

Thanks, God, for:

Words with which to play,

kids to read them,

hearts to touch,

And hearts that touch mine back.
Thanks for an astonishing universe
full of wonder and magic--
and the opportunity to write about it,
to try to figure it out.
Thanks for inspirational poodles
and puppies
even if they chew up my pens.
Thanks for the family
who inspire everything important
I've ever found to say
even if, sometimes, they make it hard to write.
Thanks for blueberry pies
that stain my tongue purple
the smell of honeysuckle
the taste of crisp turkey skin
the sensory details I notice
more acutely than if I didn't write.
Thanks for all the good things
I'm allowed to capture with pen and paper.
Thanks for the wealth of words
that only writers know.
Happy Thanksgiving! May you see all the blessings in your writing life and elsewhere.

:) Cheryl

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home