This page has moved to a new address.

Good News!

Cheryl's Musings: Good News!

Cheryl's Musings

How to Thrive on the Writer's Road

Wednesday

Good News!

gary My writing road took a major turn for the better in the past few weeks, when Agent Gary Heidt of Signature Literary offered to represent me. Yes, I still get a ridiculously silly grin on my face every time I say "my agent". I had the remarkable good fortune of meeting him at the Spring 2009 Writing Away Retreat, where he critiqued 10,000 words of my work-in-progress, a contemporary YA novel.

If you haven't checked out the Fall Writing Away Retreat, do so immediately! It's a fantastic opp, especially for up-and-coming writers. More on that later.

As for Gary—well, what can I say? It’s exhilarating to have someone on my team. He read my middle grade fantasy in a single day and loved it, is enthusiastic about the YA novel he critiqued at the retreat, and we connect on a creative level.

There are no guarantees, of course. I keep telling myself that. I know plenty of writers who have signed with agents and then didn’t sell their books.

But it’s worth a bit of celebration!

:) Cheryl

Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM , Anonymous Casey McCormick said...

Oh, congratulations, Cheryl! That is worth some celebration, definitely. Are you feeling rich in writing or what?

Yay!

 
At May 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM , Anonymous Cheryl Reif said...

Definitely! Thank you! It makes me so wonderfully happy :), which, of course, frees my head for writing more, which makes me happy...it's a very nice feedback loop to ride!

 
At May 30, 2009 at 7:09 PM , Anonymous beth said...

Congratulations!!! That is such amazing news! WOW!

 
At May 31, 2009 at 8:18 AM , Anonymous Tia Nevitt said...

Wow; congratulations!! I'm thrilled for you. This is still a milestone even if it isn't a sale, and I say it's definitely an item for your bio, as in "my novel length fiction is represented by Gary Heidt of Signature Literary."

BTW, the link from your old blog to this one goes to: http://www.blogger.com/www.therichwriter.blogspot.com.

 
At May 31, 2009 at 5:41 PM , Anonymous Yat-Yee said...

That is FABULOUS news! I come back from a trip and find out that not only do you have a new blog, but you've found someone who loves your work. I'm celebrating with you, in my jetlagged state, but celebrating!

 
At May 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM , Anonymous Merc said...

Whoo! :D Congrats! Always exciting to hear people getting agents. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home